What does the Bible say about hope?
Can the hope in the Bible overcome my discouragement, despair and hopelessness?
How can I find hope?
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3 NIV
- Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 1 Peter 1:13 NIV
- Recalling unceasingly before our God and Father your work energized by faith, and your service motivated by love and unwavering hope in [the return of] our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 AMP
- To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27 NIV
- And [I pray] that the eyes of your heart [the very center and core of your being] may be enlightened [flooded with light by the Holy Spirit], so that you will know and cherish the hope [the divine guarantee, the confident expectation] to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints (God’s people). Ephesians 1:18 AMP
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23 NIV
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV
- …we ourselves, …wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:23-25 NIV
- But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish. Psalms 9:18 NIV
- May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalms 33:22 NIV
- But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love. Psalms 33:18 NIV
- I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalms 130:5 NIV
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NIV
- It is for this that we labor and strive [often called to account], because we have fixed our [confident] hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe [in Him, recognize Him as the Son of God, and accept Him as Savior and Lord]. 1 Timothy 4:10 AMP
- Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5 AMP